For years the corporate world has been asking for people with good skills and work experience. However, the rules have changed. Employers now are focusing on how they can recruit the right employees, retain them and motivate them to achieve their maximum potential.
Attitudes – The Missing Link
Every organization spends time and money on training and development. This seminar will develop employees’ knowledge about themselves and how to communicate with others. Understanding why people do what they do opens up a whole new level of understanding and communicating. When employees learn where other employees are coming from, they begin to see each others’ behavior from a different viewpoint. Every employer should know the “how” and the “why” of every employee. DISC (How) plus Attitudes (Why) leads to powerful communication, understanding, and decision making for your life.
What is an Attitude?
An attitude is a mental position, a feeling, or an emotional response to your environment that causes you to value certain experiences, people and activities and causes you to devalue others. It is a passion, a world view you have that was formed by genetics and your life experiences. You see the world through the window of your attitude.
Why Learn About Attitudes?
Building a positive attitude toward yourself and others starts with understanding your own attitudes and how they impel you into action. People often lack the words to articulate why they feel the way they feel. When applying the principles in this workshop, individuals will understand why they make the decisions they make and why conflicts can arise. They will see why others view the world differently and value different things in life. Attitudes will open an individual’s eyes to a new understanding of themselves and the people around them.
The Six Attitudes
- Theoretical – A passion for the discovery of truth. The aim in life for a theoretical person is knowledge for knowledge sake.
- Utilitarian – A passion to gain return on investment of time, resources, and talent.
- Aesthetic – A passion to experience the impressions of the world and achieve form, harmony, and balance in all areas of life.
- Social – A passion to eliminate hate and conflict in the world, and to assist others in becoming all they can be.
- Individualistic – A passion to achieve position and to use that position to affect and influence others.
- Traditional – A passion to seek out and pursue the higher meaning of life and achieve a system for living.
Benefits of Your Attitude is Showing
- Understand your own drives and passion.
- Be able to recognize others’ attitudes and to see the world through their eyes.
- Communicate with others according to their attitude and you will motivate them to action.
- Appreciate the differences in each of us, learning to value instead of judging negatively.
- Understand the causes of conflict and be able to resolve it.
- Experience a deeper level of communication and relating.
- Understand each attitude and the interactions of each one.
- Know which attitudes drive your life, actions, and decisions.
- Understand others’ viewpoints and be able to interact convincingly by seeing the world through their eyes.
- Recognize and appreciate others’ attitudes.